Saturday, July 11, 2009

Yesterday...

all my troubles seemed so far away. I know it's bordering on corny to quote a Beatles song, but that's how yesterday was.
I took Ian and Jordan to lunch and we had a good time just eating and talking. We had a view of the restaurant's outside door and saw a bird's nest above it filled with fuzzy baby birds. I had a moment of panic when I thought one was going to fall out, but it settled back in with the others. After lunch I went to the public library and checked out some books, then I ran to the grocery store for a few things. I treated myself to a bouquet of mini-carnations - assorted colors - and they look great on my kitchen table. I did some laundry and started reading one of the library books. It was just a nice day.
Today, well, I still have a stack of bills, the economy still sucks, a friend has been diagnosed with a bad disease, Ian doesn't have a job, Hubby is still a workaholic, Austin is still in Iraq, there's more laundry to do, I still have this case of the damned shingles - back to reality. But the flowers on my kitchen table still look great.
The book I started (and finished at two in the morning - I was in a reading mood, OK?) is/was "Definitely Dead" by Charlaine Harris. It's one of her Sookie Stackhouse novels, the ones the HBO series "True Blood" is based upon. And, as we all know, "True Blood" is one of my newest guilty pleasures. Anyway, it wasn't a "serious" book by any means, but it was entertaining and easy to read and I enjoyed it. I liked it enought to want to read more by this Ms. Harris.
Watched a new show on TV last night - "Warehouse 13" on the SyFy channel (which used to be the Sci-Fi channel, not sure why they changed the name since Science Fiction is not spelled Syence Fyction but...whatever) and I liked it. Just what I need, another show to keep track of! I'm such a TV addict. But (Silver Lining Alert) I am getting a lot of knitting done on the current baby blanket. Speaking of TV, I have the latest installment of "Grey's Anatomy" from Neflix to watch this afternoon - I'm at the start of the third season now.
We have nothing special planned for the weekend - Hubby and Jordan are working and I have (never-ending) Susie Homemaker stuff to do. Sigh. I need to go and look at the flowers on the kitchen table again. :o)

1 comment:

  1. It's always the simple things like your flowers on the table that I enjoy the most....sort of like knitting, a constant in chaos!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!