Tuesday, July 14, 2009

On the Road Again...

almost!
My little bag is packed, my backpack has gifts for my friend and a few other things and I'll stick my makeup and stuff in there just before we leave, my road trip knitting bag is ready to go, my car is clean and full of gas - so I'm about ready.
Last night Lori and I shopped for snacks - goodies like pretzels and Cheezits and a big package of Twizzlers. You have to have junk food for a road trip - I think it's some kind of law. We're going to try and do about 2/3 of the trip tomorrow and have an easier drive on Thursday.
Today is Jordan's 17th birthday and I can't believe my baby is 17 already!!!! Like I said yesterday when Austin turned 21 - Time flies! Jordan did have one good gift so far today - he got his braces taken off. He's happy about that. He's going out to dinner with his Dad and stepmother, but I made a cake for later. Dark chocolate with cream cheese frosting. His choice and I can't wait to taste it.
The fifth laundry load of the day is in the dryer and I have one more load (towels) to do and then all the laundry will be done before I go. If Hubby and Jordan so desire, they won't have to do laundry before I get back. Any bets on how much will be waiting for me?? :o)
So, I'm out of here for a week. I'll be back blogging soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, opinions, and experiences with me. Let's start a conversation!